Make a Tornado in a Bottle
This easy and super fun experiment shows you how a tornado works.
- Two PET bottles
- Tornado Tube
- Fill 1 L water in one of the PET bottles and connect the Tornado Tube
- Attach the other bottle to the Tornado Tube and make sure that it is securely fastened
- Place it all on the floor with the water-filled bottle on top and spin the top bottle quickly a few times
- Hold the bottle still and see how it creates a tornado
- What happens if you turn the bottles around without spinning?
For water to pour out of the top bottle, water has to enter. When you spin the bottle, the water starts to rotate and enters the upper bottle. Now it can pour down into the lower bottle. When you don’t turn the bottle, no air enters, and the air at the top of the bottle keeps the water in place.
Tornados are air spirals. They are a common occurrence in countries like the United States. The forces inside a tornado can be powerful enough to lift large objects such as cars.
This easy and super fun experiment shows you how a tornado works. Equipment Two PET bottles Water Tornado Tube Instructions Fill 1 L water in one of the PET bottles and connect the Tornado Tube Attach the other bottle to the Tornado Tube and make sure that it is securely fastened Place it all on….Click to read more