Spiral bracelet that rotates on the arm!
This toy is made of a long metal thread that has been twisted and assembled in a special way. When the bracelet unfolds, it gets a hole in the middle that allows you to put it around narrow things. For example, you can thread it over a broomstick and let it roll down like a silver ball.
- Cut a 1.5 cm long strip of paper.
- Drawing and colouring on one side of the strip.
- Twist the strip a half turn and tape the ends together.
- Begin in the joint and follow the drawing with your fingers.
- How many sides does the ribbon have?
You have created a Moebius Loop when you twisted the paper, you taped the inside to the outside. Therefore, the band has only one side. What happens if you twist the band two, three or four times?