Water Absorbing Polymer Cubes
These cubes are very special. They can grow to be much bigger! Put the cubes in a large bowl of water and then track them day by day to see how they grow when they absorb water.
The cubes are made of a material called polymer. Polymers are hydrophilic, which means that they love water. This molecule is able to absorb water so that the cubes grow and become much bigger. The material found inside diapers is similar and very useful because of its incredible absorption abilities. The cubes can be used over and over again, just let them dry so that the water evaporates and then try again.
How to use the Water Absorbing Polymer Cubes:
- Take some of the cubes in your hand and feel them. How do they feel? What do you think happens if you put them in water?
- Put some of the cubes in a bowl and fill it with water. How do they look after a few hours? How do they look the next day?
- Take some cubes up from the water and feel them again. How do they feel now? Do they look the same as the cubes that have not been in water?
- What happens when you remove the cubes from the water and you allow them to dry until the water disappears?
- Easy to open and close, Make sure the bag is closed.
NOTE: Contains parts that should not be swallowed. May cause suffocation. Do not throw the cubes into the toilet as they may clog the pipes. Contains Polyacrylamide.